October 16, 2013

Happy Anniversary


Alan & I just celebrated our anniversary! 10 years together, 5 years married! We got married on our anniversary. The best thing about destination weddings is that it doesn't matter what day you tie the knot! I feel like we were just on the beach saying our "I do's" and man what I wouldn't give to be back to Jamaica right now! Once the wedding was done and the honeymoon was over, we enjoyed a reception back home to celebrate with all our loved ones!


This year was truly something special to remember!

Wednesday night while the hubs was away at work, I decorated the living room so he had something fun to come home to.
I got the balloons from the dollar store, and I bought the number stickers from the party store!
I bought 10 balloons, one for each year!
On the bottom of each balloon I attached a paper punched note to the bottom as a "reason why I love him"
Here is what I said!
1) I love how I feel complete when I'm with you
2) I love how every time I look at you, I can't help but smile. Or stay mad at you!
3) I love that you are my soulmate & knowing that I get to spend the rest of my life with you
4) I love that I can't picture myself without you
5) I love how active you are. You inspire me. You are sexy (the hubby has lost 80pds)
6) I love how you still act like a big kid. I really love when you sing in the shower!
7) I love our sweet babies we made. I love watching you be a dad
8) I love what a hard worker you are & how you give everything to provide for your family
9) I love that I can tell you anything, and you wont think less of me!
10) I love that I made the decision to call you that night, to ask you out, and to decide to say our "I do's" on a beautiful beach. You are the best part of me. Without your love and support I would be lost. You are my soulmate. Here's to the next 10 years! Ill love you forever <3

I also made a huge poster board size card and laid it on the coffee table with two of his favorite candy's.
I even turned on our wedding song "Forever and Ever amen" by Randy Travis on repeat on the ipod so it was the first thing he heard coming home that night!


As soon as the clock hit midnight I heard the text message alarm go off! Such a babe to stop work to send his love!

This year I surprised the babe with a weekend getaway! Friday once Kal was off the bus, we dropped off the kiddos for the night weekend (he had no idea bags were packed and hiding in the trunk) and headed to the dells to check into our hotel.
After checking in we went downtown to do the "Haunted Boat Tour" The scenery was beautiful. The weather was perfect. and it was so scary! Just what we love!


Saturday we enjoyed a nice breakfast out, took some old time photos, and headed back to the resort to ride the outdoor roller coasters, and the indoor water-park!


 Later Saturday night we headed home to enjoy a quiet night in. We enjoyed papa murphys pizza (our favorite) and watched "The Purge" Have you seen it? Interesting concept to say the least! 


Sunday we ended the day with family! Football at the in-laws. It was great to see the littles again! It's so great to be able to take the time away and just worry about each other. But it was the perfect feeling to be back as a family of four! 

It has been an amazing 10 years, and I'm looking forward to rest of my life with him <3

X's & O's
Jenn

0 comments:

Post a Comment