September 3, 2013

GoodBye SummerTime

Happy Tuesday ladies! I sure love a long weekend! And I couldn't think of a better way to end our summer!

Friday:
We enjoyed an afternoon of FUN with my cousin Danelle! We took the kids to the new splash park in town! Kal LOVED it, Brynnie HATED it! Go figure that my little fish who refuses to get out of the pool would hate it! Hopefully that will turn around next summer when she is bigger? One can only hope! After the splash park we headed over to the bowling ally for lunch and some games of bowling! Kal participated in Kids Bowl Free this summer! (An awesome program that lets kids bowl 2 games free, EVERYDAY!) It's fun to get them out of the house and active! I totally suggest it for next summer! 


Saturday:
We COLORED OUTSIDE THE LINES at the Color Me Rad race that came to town! I have never participated in this race before and was quite surprised by how much of a blast I had! We may have even made up our own song "Hit me with your cornstarch, FIRE AWAY" lmao! Yeah we're a fun bunch!







After we all got cleaned up we headed to alan's aunts pool for what will probably be the last swim of the summer :(
  


We then headed downtown to the "Taste of Town" and walked around the capital sampling different types of foods from different local restaurants! Man were we full, we found some great food! My favorite, Chocolate Chip Egg Roll! Yummm

      1) Boys enjoying a fruit drink
      2) Little miss decided she needed to walk like the big boys, then stopped dead in her tracks to fill         her diaper
      3) Grandpa Ken (Alan's StepDad), playing with Kal and his Balloon

Sunday: 
Was a family cookout for Alan's step dads and cousins September birthdays! Corn on the Cob, burgers, veggies and chips, and cupcakes! Great lunch! The evening was spent doing nothing but relaxing! We were worn out from 2 days in the sun!

Monday:
The hubs and I took kal to see Disney's "Planes" We all loved it and can't wait for it to come out in stores! Afterwords we grabbed lunch, and School Shopped! I'm so not ready for little man to be a 4K'er! Where did my baby go?


Kals very excited for his new backpack! And sissy enjoyed some new "girly" sippy cups! 


Today is back to work for me :/ As much as I love my job, I'm not looking forward to it! I really enjoyed my last week off and miss being a stay at home mama!

How was your long weekend? What did you spend your last weekend of summer doing?

X's & O's
Jenn

0 comments:

Post a Comment