May 16, 2013

First words, A Recipe, & A Challenge! Oh My!

Happy Thursday Lovers!!! 
What a GREAT day! 

Today was so laid back!!
I started the morning off by going back to bed for another 2 hours, after putting kal on the school bus! The hubby was home from work (he works the weekend) so he got up with Brynn! I was woken up to some snuggle time with my baby girl! 


 I watched the nanny kiddos at my house today!! Thankfully after they left, I was able to put my house back to the way the found it.... and it only took me 20 minutes :) 

Got the littles ready and headed out the door for Kal's swim lesson! 


My little fish was so mad that she couldn't go into the water! But she really enjoyed watching her "bubbe" (brother) swim through the window!!!

Brynn had her hair in a pony for the first time!!! So cute! & So Silly! 


Brynn said her first word!!! MAMA!!! yup that's right! She was mad, crawled over to me and said "mama"! The hubby looked dead at me and said "oh my god, oh no, she just said mama! Do we count that as her first word? did she just say mama? did she mean it?"
"yes babe, we do! Let it be known! MAMA was her first word! haha dada"


I made my first ever Chicken Spaghetti! Thankfully we are all still alive and feeling good! Note: I'm not the chief of the house, unless it's instant and only needs to be warmed up ;)
 It was actually Really good! Of course I found it off pinterst!!
I'd love to share the recipe with you all! 
I found the recipe from here!

2 c. cooked chicken, cut up
1 lb. package of spaghetti noodles
1 c. chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 c. grated cheddar cheese (I use mild) divided
1 can diced tomatoes, optional
1 can green chilies

Cook noodles according to package directions. Boil the chicken until done. Toss together in a large bowl. Add cream of chicken soup, green chilies, and tomatoes, and 2 c. cheese. Pour all into a 9x13 casserole dish.
Top with 1 c. cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly.



We are picky so I did take out the tomatoes and chilies! umm YUCK... and it still turned out good! I Highly recommend this! PLUS it was Super easy which is always nice! 

They fam was even so lucky as to receive homemade brownies!! Baked by yours truly! 
Those too were good! However would have been much better warmer and with ice cream! 


After all was said and done, we ended the night with some family snuggles on the couch! 

I LOVE these kind of days! 

I was also emailed detail on a fitness challenge that I and a few other bloggy friends will be participating in! I'm proud to say that this has really been the motivation that I need to get back into shape! I really don't like the way I look and am quite jealous of the hubby for losing nearly 80lbs! If he can do it, I know I can! I will definitely be tracking my progress on the blog for all of you to see. And hope that you can all continue to motivate me! I'm scared of giving up! I always lose my battle to the sweets! Yes I know that I could balance my diet more, but honestly the only balancing I'm doing is how many brownies, or chocolate chips I can hold before falling out! ok ok, not really but you get it! 
It starts the beginning of June! Make sure to watch for it! 

How was everyone Thursday?

X's & O's 
Jenn





2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that her first word was "mama"! Both of my boys' first words were dada. Sigh. :)

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how sweet! My daughter said mama and dada about the same time, so I'm not sure who was first! Of course, at 18 months, she still speaks in what sounds like full sentences, with "real" words stuck in between.

    Good luck on the weight loss challenge. I just finished one with some bloggy friends and it was definitely motivational. I'm starting up a new one soon!

    Stopping by from Super Sunday Sync!

    ReplyDelete